_WELCOME TO BELSAAS & SMITH CONSTRUCTION, INC.
(Contractor License No. BELSASC033OH) Since 1960
BELSAAS & SMITH is a full service general contractor serving Washington State since 1960. We have always and will continue to focus on quality construction in whatever project we take on.
Being a full service contractor means that we can accomplish with our crews or oversee every aspect of your construction project from concept to completion. We have an experienced staff with all of the tools and equipment for commercial building construction, residential home construction, remodels, repairs, framing, concrete work, development, excavation, underground utilities, road & driveway work, demolition and more. Please browse through our website to get a look at some of what we have accomplished in our 50 years of business.
Please call us to discuss your project. We offer free estimates and advice from years of experience. Our main office number is (509) 925-9747, or visit our contacts page for directory and email inquiries.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS:
- (11/10/14) KITTITAS HIGHWAY SAFETY PROJECT: Next week we be begin work on the nearly $4 million project to widen and improve the Kittitas Highway. The 5 mile project begins on Willow St in Ellensburg and ends just beyond Fairview Rd in Kittitas. We started another website for specific project needs that will be posting road closure updates and construction information. For more information visit: http://www.ellensburgconstruction.com/kittitas-highway-updates.html
- (10/29/13) VISIT FROM THE GOVERNOR - MANASTASH PIPELINE PROJECT: We had a visit from Governor Jay Inslee at a job site in Ellensburg today! Our company was hired to install nearly 25,000 feet of pipeline for the KRD/Bureau of Reclamation as part of the massive 5 billion dollar Yakima River Basin Enhancement Project. This pipeline is the first contract awarded as part of the overall conservation plan, so it's a very big deal for our company and the Kittitas Valley. Several major players involved in implementing the plan were there, including the governor who signed the spending bill earlier this year that allowed the project to get started.
- (8/15/13) 1,000 STEPS, SUNCADIA: We have just begun work on a contract for the Suncadia Resort in Roslyn, building a concrete stairway from the main lodge down to the Cle Elum River. The stairway climbs over 200' in elevation and has 21 flights of steps between landings. The work is being accomplished with colored concrete, decorative handrails and lighting. Expected to be complete by November 1st. Updated photos will be in our 'concrete structures' webpage.
- (7/26/12) DOLARWAY RD: A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 11 am at Dolarway Rd & Enterprise Way on Thursday, 7/26 celebrating the completion of our $4,950,000 road improvement project in Ellensburg! We would like to offer our appreciation to City Engineer Derek Mayo and our Project Superintendent Scott Henderson. These 2 guys, along with many others on the project, worked through a lot of adversity, including many nights and weekends, to make the project a success.
- (4/20/12) CANYON RD SUBWAY: The new Subway on Canyon Road is open today!!! Please stop in and enjoy a meal and the atmosphere of the newly constructed restaurant on Canyon Road in Ellensburg. You should plan on eating in & check out the view from the second floor seating.
- (2/01/12) SUBWAY RESTAURANT: Construction of the Canyon Rd Subway in Ellensburg is moving along on schedule, anticipated to be open this spring, 2012! The new 2 story building, along side the existing Subway, was started in order to modernize the facility, add seating, and improve parking for it's customers. The existing Subway is still open during construction, so don't be afraid to visit now, and be sure to visit the new facility later this spring!
- (6/02/11) DOLARWAY ROAD PROJECT: The Dolarway Road project in Ellensburg is underway, expected to be completed in early July of 2012. The City is posting construction schedule updates and photos on their website. Please follow our progress at: http://www.ci.ellensburg.wa.us/index.aspx?NID=425
- (1/24/11) 2010 GOLDEN SHOVEL AWARD: At their annual meeting on 1/20/11, The Kittitas County Utility Coordinating Council named Belsaas & Smith as the winner of the 2010 Golden Shovel Award! The "Golden Shovel" is awarded to one contractor in the region that has been recognized for their efforts in excavation safety. " The golden shovel award is intended to recognize contractors who consistently show a commitment to reducing damage to underground facilities, avoiding interruption of service and above all else, to protecting the workers and public from danger".
- (1/15/11) CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE AND VIDEO PRESENTED BY BPA: http://www.bpa.gov/corporate/BPANews/ArticleTemplate.cfm?ArticleId=article-20101229-01. It describes reasoning and methods involved in 2 completed and one current project ongoing in Manashtash Creek. We have been the General Contractor for all 3 projects!
- (12/28/10) CHRISTMAS TREE DROP: We are helping Mid Columbia Fisheries and the Boy Scouts of America with their annual Christmas tree drop. Friday, January 7th & Saturday, January 8th, just off Dollarway Road east of Calaways in Ellensburg, we will accept used Christmas trees. Later this spring, the trees will be used as part of the "Reecer Creek Floodplain Project" as fish habitat in the new creek channel. This is another ongoing project for us expected to be completed in August of 2011. For more information about the project, please visit the link: http://midcolumbiarfeg.com/what-we-do/reecer-creek-floodplain/
- 2010 BEST CONTRACTOR IN KITTITAS COUNTY: In July, Belsaas & Smith was voted the 2010 "Best Contractor in Kittitas County", presented by the Daily Record! Please see the attachment below.
- EXCELLENCE IN SAFETY AWARDS: In March, the Associated General Contractors of Washington presented Belsaas & Smith with 2 prestigious safety awards: "Top Performer for Retro Refunds", and "Top 20 EMR Rating". The top 20 EMR rating is based on the previous 3 year average of number of accident claims vs. number of employees. Our rating is at 0.60, which is the lowest accident rating a contractor can get!